Monday, February 23, 2009

Last Night

I made the decision to sleep on the other side of the bed. I usually sleep on the right side (my right, in the perspective from the bed) and last night I slept on the left. It was like an entirely new experience. I was closer to the wall, and more bundled up because my covers tuck into the side of the bed on that side. I should do things like that more often. Just mix up my daily routine in little ways, just to see how much it differs.

On another note, I've been having trouble waking up on time for school. I moved my clock to the other side of the room to see if that would help. I woke up, turned off my alarm, and climbed back in bed. I woke up again at 7:13, leaving me 7 minutes to get ready, which is plenty time. I went out to the kitchen and greeted my parents, who were excited to see I was awake. I informed them today was a gold day, and therefore an early start day, which I would be in time for. I arrived at school to be informed it was a blue day, and school wouldn't start for me for another hour and a half. I could've stayed in bed. And the one time I actually wake up early enough to make it to school on time, I don't even have those classes. Watch, tomorrow when I actually have to get up early, I'll sleep way in. 

So here I am, stuck in Mrs. Lancaster's room, with an hour and a half of free time. With all the wrong books. Oi.

On yet another note, the library is my new favorite place. I always knew it was there, and I've always had a card, I just never really took advantage of it. But I realize now how much I could have been using the library. I mean, I read books in a day, it's rather pointless for me to keep having to pay for them. Now I can just go to the library and check out 50 books, for free. And I won't have to worry about renewing them because I get them all read before two weeks anyway.

You can also check out dvds and they have Doctor Who and Torchwood for a dollar rental! Of course, you have to be 18 for that, but I can just get my mother's approval to rent them. It's much cheaper than buying the box sets for 120 dollars. And I LOVE the architecture, my library is really so beautiful. I went there to study and got so much done. I'll probably be there all the time now, since it's exactly the kind of environment I love to be in. Quiet, relaxed, big and spacious, and you're required to be polite, courteous, and quiet for others. And it's full of BOOKS. If you ever have trouble finding me, just try the library. I'm going to go there after school every day now, and on the weekends, to do my work. Even if I don't have work I will probably go just because I love it there so much. I'll just bring my computer write, or bring sketchbooks and draw the people I see, or find a book and curl up in one of the chairs there and read it in an hour so I don't have to check it out. 

I love the library. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment